Previous | Contents | Next
TEAM TASKS CHECKLIST
(for drill evaluation)
A. Planning Committee
- monitored work of other teams?
- noted areas for change and improvement?
- were all students and staff familiar with duck and cover?
- were all teachers, staff and students accounted for?
- were internal and external communications controlled?
- was a record of events and decisions kept?
- did teachers take cover during the drill?
- did teachers remain calm and reassure students?
- were special needs students provided cover?
- was the decision to evacuate (or not) made by using the established criteria?
- did teachers remember to take class rosters and response checklists with them when they evacuated?
C. Instructional Staff
- did all students duck and cover immediately?
- is there sufficient shelter space under the desks and tables for all the students?
- if there is no cover available, do students know how to protect themselves?
- did everyone remain in the quake-safe position for 60 seconds?
- did students remain quiet during evacuation?
- did students demonstrate their ability to help each other?
D. First Aid Team
- were first aid supplies up to date and complete?
- were emergency cards and health cards up to date?
- did the team report immediately and regularly to the EOC?
- was a record kept of every treatment administered?
- were needs for further medical assistance determined and reported?
E. Search and Rescue Team
- were supplies and equipment complete and easily located?
- was every room in the building checked (visually, vocally and physically)?
- were locations of injured reported to the First Aid Team?
- were the locations of other problems reported to the EOC?
- were team members prepared to rescue mobility impaired students properly?
F. Site Security Team
- were all equipment and records ready and easily located?
- were all external gates and doors locked?
- were all locked doors capable of being opened from inside?
- was one team member stationed at the main gate/front door to deal with parents/community?
- were fire, police, medical and rescue sent to areas where they were needed?
- was the EOC constantly informed about what was going on?
- were children released only to approved parties
G. Fire Safety
- was equipment ready and easily located?
- was a systematic search for fires undertaken?
- were fires reported to the EOC and Site Security?
- were all fires controlled?
- were staff or students at risk rescued?
- were dangerous areas secured?
H. Evacuation Team
- were plans for designated emergency assembly area current?
- was emergency assembly area(s) checked to determine its safety?
- were findings communicated to the EOC?
- were necessary supplies up to date and easily located?
- assisted in evacuation process?
- took roll call and reported status of all groups to EOC?
- supervised group in the assembly area for the duration?
- were mobility impaired students evacuated effectively?
I. Maintenance Staff
- was all equipment complete and easily located?
- checked utilities immediately and minimized any danger?
- checked sanitation system and determined damages?
- reported all findings to the EOC?
- inventoried supplies available to feed students and staff?
- took whatever steps necessary to establish alternate sanitation provisions?
J. Special Teams
- did bus drivers follow correct procedures if they had children on the bus?
- did counselors begin to calm any distressed students and/or staff?.
- did communications systems (internal and external) function properly?
Previous | Contents | Next
School Earthquake Preparedness Guide - State of
Arkansas Office of Emergency Services, 1993